6.15.2012

light n' bright || a makeup tutorial

I'm sure most of you can agree with me when I say that I don't want to wear a whole lot of makeup during summer. So this tutorial is inspired by my complete and utter laziness. Hope you enjoy ;)

Products used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Madison Street Beauty Shadow in "Carnation"
Maybelline Quad in "Plum Smokes" (Crease color)
Wet n Wild eyeliner in "Dark Brown"
Wet n Wild eyeliner in "White"
Wet n Wild Mega Volume "Mascara"
CoverGirl Single Shadow in "Champagne"
Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer in "Radiant"
Wet n Wild Mega Shield Lip Color  SPF 15 in "Within These Adobe Walls"
Jordana INCOLOR LipShine Glaze in "Pink Grapefruit"

Start off (as always) by priming your lids.
 Sweep a light, shimmery pink shadow all over your lid. This will give the illusion of a lighter, brighter eye area and make your eyes stand out.


With a light hand, apply a matte smoky lavender shade to your crease. This is more interesting than just a matte brown, and I think a little color is appropriate for summer!

Taking a dark brown pencil eyeliner, smudge it into your lashes and along your upper lashline. This will softly and subtly make your lashes look thicker, while adding a bit of definition.
To open and brighten your eyes even more, line your waterline with a white or skin-tone eyeliner.


Apply a few light coats of mascara. You want a mascara that will define each individual lash, making them longer and a bit fuller. I LOVE the Mega Volume mascara because the formula is on the drier side, and put together with natural-bristled brush it works wonders. Plus, it's like 3-5$ at the drugstore. Um, SCORE!

So for summer, I don't like to wear foundation, even a light powder. However, to brighten my face I do like to add some illuminating concealer under my eyes :)

And for a final step for your face, highlight! Highlight your inner corners, cheekbones, and cupids bow with a light shimmery shadow or highlighter.

And last but certainly not least, the lips. Since everything else on our face is muted but brightening, I like to add a little pop of color to my lips. Dab a bright pinky-peach lipstick on your lips and top it off with a creamy pink gloss. This really pulls the whole look together :)

And you're done! A quick and easy way to lighten your face and add a little definition at the same time. Plus, the lip color is super fun!
I hope you guys liked this tutorial and if you have any requests for future looks or product reviews make sure to leave them in a comment!

-hannah

4 comments:

  1. Pretty girly. And I love the summery feel of this look. :)

    xoxo, bree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial! I know just about nothing when it comes to make-up (sadly enough) so this is perfect. Love the lightness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! Another tutorial... I must say, I have been missing your tutorial sorely, and it's so nice to see them again. I'm sure my face has been suffering without your tutorials, too. ;)

    You look so beautiful in the picture, and as always, your eyes are amazing.
    More soon (even though it's lazy summer ;)?,
    Love,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tutorial Hannah! Perfect for the summer! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought about this post! Just keep your comments clean ;)

-hannah