6.20.2012

adele inspired || a makeup tutorial





Source: google.com via Kelley on Pinterest






Source: google.com via Lindsey on Pinterest


This talented British singer is one of my top makeup idols. Top. She never fails to look stunning, gorgeous, and all-around classy. So today I thought I would share my love with you in a makeup tutorial. This is definitely not quite as dramatic as some of her looks, but I meant it to be that way. I wanted this look to be wearable for maybe a girl's night out, or a dinner date, or a concert (maybe an Adele concert ;), or even during the day if you feel daring!
Hope you enjoy!

Products used:
UD Primer Potion
Revlon ColorStay Quad in "Natural Khakis"
CoverGirl Single Eyeshadow in "Champagne"
Wet n' Wild 3 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in "Knock on Wood"
Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette
Jordana FabuLiner in "Black"
CoverGirl All-in-One Mascara in "Black"
Wet n' Wild Mega Volume Mascara in "Black"

As always, prime your lids first.

Next, take a matte shadow that's 2-4 shades lighter than your skin tone and sweep it all over your lid.



Then take a shimmery cream/white color and with your finger, dab it right in the center of your lid.


Apply a medium brown shadow in your crease.



With a purple/burgundy/red shade that is a little darker than the brown you just used, define your crease a bit more. As the colors get darker, you want to stick closer to the outer part of your crease, so only go in about halfway with this color.

Finally, use an angled liner brush and dip it into a dark dark dark burgundy shadow (think almost black). Make a smudgy "v" shape on your outer corner.

Blend it out with a fluffy brush.

Now, Adele is famous for her dramatic cat-eye liner, so take a black liquid liner and draw a thin line all the way across your upper lashline. Make it thicker as you get to the outer corner and give it a little wing.


And last but certainly not least, the mascara. Adele is almost always seen with thick, full, false lashes. I don't own any false lashes (shame on me) so I'm just piling on mascara.
 DONE!




Oh, and I'm sorry for the weird blurriness in the pictures. I'll have to check that out :P But other than that I hope this was helpful! And if you have any other celebrities who have amazing makeup you think I should know about, please tell me!

-hannah

4 comments:

  1. She is beautiful!! I love her songs!! Your gorgeous (:

    x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Could you do a Selena Gomez-inspired makeup look?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Adele!!! And your makeup looks so gorgeous, girl!!

    much love,
    hannah

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought about this post! Just keep your comments clean ;)

-hannah