6.14.2012

my life || realistic, not picture-esque

I'd like to say that I'm taking everything about summer and turning it into moments and of whimsy and nostalgia, but alas, not many people have the pure will to do that.

I'd like to say that today I awoke to meet the sunrise and sat under my apple tree with my journal and found peace with the world, with the morning dew clinging to blades of grass and tickling my legs, but I didn't. Instead, I did what most teenagers did, and I was cozily burrowed into my bed until 10:00.

I'd like to say that I had fresh cinnamon rolls for breakfast, the smell wafting through the house and lingering throughout the day, and the sweetness of the rolls warming my insides and satisfying my soul, but they didn't. Instead, I sat at the kitchen table, munching on Special K, while my sleepy morning eyes drooped.

I'd like to say that after breakfast I put together the loveliest outfit with floral patterns and light flow-y material and long necklaces and bohemian braids in my hair, but I didn't. Instead, I'm comfortably sitting in a t-shirt and running shorts.

I'd like to say that I was so inspired by my perfectly lovely morning that my makeup is consisting of the most delicate flicks of eyeliner and light airy shades of eyeshadow that it would make anyone's eyes sparkle, but it's not. Instead, my face is makeup-less and I'm proud to say that I don't care.

I'd like to say that I'm living every day of summer to the fullest, but I'm not. Instead, I'm being lazy.

But you see, I don't have a problem with that. I understand that not everyone lives the perfect picture-esque life, and I'm not going to pretend I do. I enjoy my life. Isn't that all that matters?

-hannah

7 comments:

  1. woah, you have such eloquence when it comes to life.. and writing! beautiful, beauty-FULL hannah. I adore this.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how real this is, Hannah. =) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you enjoy your life, that is all that should matter! ☺ Don't let the blogging world define what your life is. You do that yourself.

    Awesome post. ☻

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are picturesque days out there sometimes, but there are also days when my greatest accomplishment is getting out of bed before noon. Not every day needs to be picturesque, and I'm quite happy with my lazy days! :) Love this post :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is so lovely. i really needed this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, your real life sounds pretty picturesque to me. Sleeping in to 10, eating special K. Ahh, what a day! ;)
    In earnest, you're so right, we should stop spending our days, then dressing them up more than they are, for blogger.

    And the picture of you is so very cute, as you are.
    Love this and you.
    Love,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought about this post! Just keep your comments clean ;)

-hannah