6.08.2012

beautiful || a new beginning

Remember a month ago? When I re-launched "my {beautiful} nutty life" as "my {beautiful} nutty life" again? Well,  I have a story about that:

Whenever I create designs for my blog, I always complain inwardly to myself about how long and complicated the title was. I mean, "my {beautiful} nutty life" isn't exactly short and sweet, is it? When I re-launched my blog, I was still thinking about this title problem, but I sort of pushed it aside, thinking "my readers know my blog as m{b}nl, I can't change it this late in the game. Wrong. You know why? Because as a graphic designer and a writer (and a girl) I'm always itching to try new things. To create art from the ideas spinning in my head.
So I did. I took a stab at names and designs. I thought of what described me, and what I loved. And somehow, every title I though of strayed a little too far away from the original name. I had a love/hate relationship with this thing, I was attached to it.
And then I started re-arranging words in the original title. "My Life" was too boring. "My Nutty Life" was too.... immature. "Life" was too dull and plain. Then I landed on the word "beautiful". We use it every day. We compliment with it. We judge with it. We wish for it. And suddenly, fireworks went off in my head. Something clicked, and I liked it.

The word "beautiful" to me is overrated. So many people want desperately to be beautiful. So many things are overlooked because they don't make the level of beauty society says it should. And I thought to myself: Why? Wasn't everything made to be awesome? Wasn't everything made to be a blessing, a gift? Yes. And I knew instantly that I this was the message I wanted to get across.

So I hope you guys won't hate me for my indecisiveness. I just felt like it was time for a real change, and I hope you'll agree with me when I say that I think it was the right decision.

-hannah
p.s. today was my last day of school. I can't believe it's been nine months since I first stepped onto a school bus and faced the biggest change of my life. But I loved every minute of it, and I can't wait to see everybody again in August!

4 comments:

  1. loveeee the new name and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look!!! (:

    x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new name and design! :) Short and sweet. and I also love the picture! Congrats on getting out of school- I have to weeks to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this photo!
    jennybodell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought about this post! Just keep your comments clean ;)

-hannah