7.02.2012

right now

Right now I see:
 The quaintest most wonderful neighborhood stretched out before me. The high noon sun is overhead, but I am sitting in the shade, composing this post on my iPod and watching the shadows of the trees dance on the pavement.

 Right now I hear:
 Ducks. Geese. Wind. Silence. It's music to my ears.

 Right now I smell:
 The occasional whiff of freshly mown grass, and the  laundry detergent scent coming from my shirt.

Right now I taste:
 The lingering sweetness of the cantaloupe I had for lunch today. Right now I feel: The wind rustling my hair. An ant making it's way up my foot. The grass gracefully brushing my legs. The plastic case of my iPod as I write this. But I feel more than that. There's a sense of peace here, contentment. Love. It's one of my favorite places. So where am I right now? On vacation at my great aunt's house. And I can't think of any place I'd rather be right now.

 -hannah

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post! I hope you enjoy every minute of your vacation! :) It sounds very relaxing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought about this post! Just keep your comments clean ;)

-hannah