9.18.2012

define your eye || gel eyeliner review+tutorial

No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I have been overloaded with homework and tennis. I guess it's a typical "beginning-of-the-school-year" thing, but to be honest, it's quite annoying. Anywho, I'm so glad I'm finally back and writing a post.

Today I'm going to be reviewing wet n wild's creme eyeliner in 886 Black.


In general, I like this eyeliner. Some people have compared it to MAC fluidline, but since I've never gotten my hands on that product I can't tell you you how it compares.
It's very black, and it definitely defines your eye nicely, but.... I don't know. It seems to dry out somewhat quickly.
It lasts all day, including through 5 hours of playing sweaty tennis matches. Since my eye isn't necessarily oily it didn't slide around at all.
It retails for $3.99 and comes with .13oz of product PLUS an angled eyeliner brush.

So here are the overall pros and cons:

Pros:

-Very black
-Stays for a solid 12 hours
-Sweat-proof ;)
-Easy to work with
-No funky scent
-VERY reasonably priced

Cons:

-Product dries out in pot pretty quickly
-Doesn't come in more colors


Here's a quick look that brightens and defines the eye using this eyeliner:

As always, prime your lids first. Then sweep a light cream-white eyeshadow all over your lid up to your brow-bone.

Next, clean your waterline with a q-tip. This prepares it for eyeliner and gets rid of all the oils, which makes the liner last longer. Line your waterline lightly with white eyeliner



Brush a medium-matte shadow into the outer half of your crease.



Smudge a shimmery brick red/burgundy eyeshadow onto your upper and lower lashlines.

                                                              
With the same white eyeliner you used to line your waterline, highlight the inner-corner of your eye.


Line your upper lashline with black creme liner, winging it out slightly. Then apply mascara and you're done!


Hope you guys liked this! Hopefully once the highschool tennis season slows down I'll be able to post more :)

xo,
hannah

1 comment:

  1. Cute! For such a good price, I think I'm gonna go grab this eyeliner. :) I'm currently using a pencil liner from covergirl that I don't like so much. It smudges and smears really easily. :/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought about this post! Just keep your comments clean ;)

-hannah