10.23.2012

pretty in pink // a product review+tutorial

Wet n Wild's Color Icon Blusher in Pearlescent Pink has been one of my favorite blushes for a long time. I know I mentioned it a while back in one of my ancient "favorites" posts.

Wet n Wild Color Icon Blusher in 831E Pearlescent Pink.
Comes with 0.14 oz. Retails for $2.99 
As you can see, it has a nice peachy-pink color. The texture of this blush is smooth and rich, one of my all-time favorite powder blush textures. It doesn't have a whole lot of fallout and is best applied with a fluffy blush brush. But BE CAREFUL! This is one of the most pigmented blushes out there, if you are too generous while applying you will probably end up looking like you got an odd sunburn.
I really like the finish of this blush, because it's mostly matte, but has the slightest sheen to it. If applied correctly, it looks pretty natural.
The staying power of this varies. If I decide to wear a liquid foundation, it stays longer on top of that than my powder foundation. However, I get a solid 7 hours out of either, and after that it just depends.

Now, I have a tutorial. This tutorial includes my new favorite way to wear "Pearlescent Pink": on my eyes!

>>Chocolate-Covered Strawberries-A Tutorial<<

 Step 1: Prime prime prime your lids!


 Step 2: Sweep a matte cream shadow all over your lid.
Step 3: Apply a satiny pink into your crease. I (of course) used Pearlescent Pink :)

Step 4: smudge a brown pencil eyeliner into your top lashline

 Step 5: Blend out the eyeliner with a brown shadow. This gives a slight smoke-y effect

Step 6: Blend a slightly deeper pink into your outer crease

Step 7: Liner your waterline with brown eyeliner

Step 8: Apply dark brown liquid liner, winging it out

Step 9: Apply several coats of mascara

Step 10: Apply a highlight to your inner corner and you're done with the eyes!

Step 11: Go through your usual foundation routine and then sweep the same pink shade you used in your crease to your cheeks. Finish off with a tinted balm or lipstain.

Allllllll donee!

xo,
hannah

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I've always stayed away from pink eyeshadow -- I'm not sure I can pull it off -- but I just might try it now. :)

    ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo pretty, Hannah. I absolutely love the peachy-warm feel of the whole look. <3

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought about this post! Just keep your comments clean ;)

-hannah