5.31.2012

house to myself || baking

"Have a good game" I waved to my little brother as he scooted out the door, with his baseball bag slung across his shoulder.

I stood in the kitchen for a moment, relishing in the complete and total silence. The air conditioning coming from the vents on the floor brushed my feet, sending a slight tingling sensation up my legs. What to do when I have the house to myself? Read? Blog? Watch t.v? No, none of those were quite right. I looked around the kitchen.


A dusky room like this needed life, attention. Sure, it got plenty throughout the day, but I'm sure it missed the one and only Hannah whipping up something delicious in it quarters. It's been a while.







_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies

//Ingredients//
1 cup of butter
1 1/2 cups of white sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp of vanilla extract
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp of baking soda
2 tsp of hot water
1/2 tsp of salt
2 cups of chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

2. Cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time and add vanilla. Dissolve the baking soda in hot water and stir that in the mix. Add salt and gradually beat in flour. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop onto un-greased cookie sheets with a tablespoon.

3. Bake for 14-17 minutes (yes, that long) for a nice crispy cookie (not burnt though!)

4. Pour yourself a tall glass of milk and enjoy!




-hannah
p.s. please vote on the sidebar poll, and don't forget to check out my blog design sale!




4 comments:

  1. This is so perfect :) I love having the house to myself and cooking! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, awesome pictures, Hannah!!! And I'll def be trying out these cookies very, very soon, too. ;)

    much love,
    hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take beautiful photos yourself! Great post. Love having the house to myself for reasons like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I love this!!! Your pictures are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought about this post! Just keep your comments clean ;)

-hannah