12.12.2011

cinnamon muffins

*a quick announcement* I had to draw a new winner for the headband, so the new winner is.....


Congrats Tiana! Please email me with your address so I can ship you your headband! You have 48 hours to respond :)


••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

what do you do when you stay home from school with pink eye and have a whole day full of, well, nothing?
You post a recipe.

cinnamon mini-muffins


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup skim milk
1/3 cup butter/margarine, melted


Topping:
2 tblsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter/margarine, melted


Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 400ยบ. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk, and butter/margarine; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened. Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined mini muffin cups. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Brush melted butter on to muffin tops and dust with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Enjoy! I certainly did :) Oh, and you will probably be left with some flour-sugar-baking powder-salt-etc. mixture, because you're only supposed to add as much of it to the wet ingredients until that batter is the right consistency :/





And if you end up making these, post about it and leave me a link to the post, I'd love to see how it turns out for you and the pictures!


-hannah

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, yummy!

    Pink eye - never had it before but I hear it's pretty icky. :( Hope you get better soon!

    Love,
    ~Bree

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, that looks so good. ugh, pink-eye sucks. i've had that twice in my life -- not fun. hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, they look so so yummy. :) I could actually use one right about now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm... definitely on my list of "to make" recipes! I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought about this post! Just keep your comments clean ;)

-hannah