5.01.2012

april beauty favorites

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've done a makeup post, so I thought I'd post my top 5 beauty favorites for the month of April :) if you're interested in my March favorites, just click here!

1. Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze
Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24Hr Eyeshadow, Bad to The Bronze

Wow guys. Just wow. In my March faves, I posted about this product in the color "Too Cool", but this... This was part of my everyday makeup routine for about three weeks. 
Three weeks. I don't know if you guys know this about me, but I usually don't use the same makeup look two days in a row, let alone three weeks. I used it as an all-over-lid color and then dusted a champagne color on top. Apply a little winged eyeliner and a coat of mascara and I was ready to go! This product has definitely been one of my top favorites of April.

2. Wet n Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner in Black

Wet n Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner, Black 861
I've been using this eyeliner every single day this month. No look is complete without black liquid liner, and this is great quality for an amazing price. It dries matte and super black, and the brush is easy enough to use, it just takes practice. I would totally suggest going out to get this liner, you won't be sorry!

3. Wet n Wild Mega Volume Mascara
Ă–gon - Mega Volume Mascara, Very Black - Wet 'n' Wild

Okay, so maybe this doesn't give me the most volume, but I love what it does to my lashes. It gives them the perfect amount of "umph" and lets face it, no matter how amazing our lashes are, we all want some extra "umph".

4. Coastal Scents Original 88 palette


I love this palette. It's just so stinkin gorgeous. I love how I could make my face look like I walked through a rainbow if I wanted to. I use this palette everyday for my brows, and I've been using it on my eyes a lot too. 
See the very first row on the left? Yeah? Check out the second color down. I use that as an all-over-lid color. And that gorgeous gold on the second row from the right is my go-to crease color. And for some reason I go for a lot of the pinks in the palette too. I guess it's just a fun way to warm up a look and really make it pop :)

5) Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Retractable Eyeliner


I thought this product deserved an honorable mention in this post because this black eyeliner has been my favorite eyeliner ever since I got it, which was about seven-eight months ago (I have the trio for green eyes). This liner is smooth, creamy, long-lasting, pigmented, and almost gone. No, almost gone is an exaggeration. 
Hmmm.... okay, find a freckle on your body. Seriously, find a freckle. Okay, see the freckle? Well the length of that freckle is the amount of eyeliner I have left in the retractable-thing. I know, it's sad. But I'm gonna get as much use out of it as I can, which will probably only be about two more uses :P

That's it! And yes, I do realize all of these are eye products, but eyes are my main focal point in makeup.
What were your favorite beauty products and/or trends for April? Would you like a review of any of these products? Or a makeup tutorial with them?

-hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you thought about this post! Just keep your comments clean ;)

-hannah